4 Methods How to Fix “The Firmware File is Not Compatible” issue
There are some occasions where you would have to restore the firmware, and this can be done through iTunes normally. With all this information, you must have known why you need or need not restore the firmware on iPhone, the result of it, and how to restore iPhone firmware without iTunes.
- Yes, there are many applications on Apple App Store that helps you to bring back your lost videos, photos, contacts, messages, documents, etc. without using a computer.
- Hence, updating apps to the latest version might be able to solve it.
- After you’ve reinstalled the latest version of iTunes/Finder, try to update to iOS 16 and restore your iPhone again.
Sometimes an antivirus program works so well that it ends up blocking the installation of firmware because it may perceive it as unsafe. This actually ends up being the case more times than not in scenarios such as this where you are having a problem with a firmware file being corrupt. Thankfully though, if that is the case, a simple uninstall of your antivirus program may be just the thing you need to do to finally get this issue resolved. Sometimes the antivirus software of your computer might fail to recognize the firmware of the connected device. And when that happens, your PC would show the iPhone firmware file corrupt error. Because it is identifying the firmware as malicious software that might harm your computer. This is something that not many iPhone users are aware of.
Release it slightly and hold the power as well as the home button simultaneously for the next 10 seconds. Now, release the power button, but keep holding the Home button for another 5 seconds. If your device has become non-responsive and won’t restore, then don’t worry. You can learn how to fix iPhone won’t restore after hard-resetting it. This will break its power cycle and restart it without much trouble. To do this, hold the power and the home button at the same time for at least 10 seconds.
This is often-called not compatible firmware, which leads to the failure to update iPhone stock ROM (firmware), iPad, etc. When you get stuck in this situation, how do you to fix this issue? The followings are some solutions to firmware not compatible error. If the problem of iPhone/iPad/iPod firmware not compatible has not yet resolved, then you are suggested to make sure you have downloaded the right firmware file. To do that, visit IPSW Downloader and choose the device you are willing to download for, then tap the right IPSW file corresponding with the device and iOS version to download. After finishing the right firmware file downloading, follow below steps to update or restore your iPhone/iPad/iPod. Also, you can turn off the antivirus software temporarily to settle iOS 13 firmware not compatible.
- Most probably, you have reduced the brightness level of your Mac to the minimum level.
- When iPhone is stuck in the Apple logo, it equates to a toy without batteries.
- When the device is detected in Recovery Mode, you will get an option to restore the iPad.
- I plugged it in for an hour to see if there was any change.
- Simply put, it can only recover 2 videos/photos/app photos each time, recover 10 contacts/call histories once, etc.
This is why it is best to use a professional fixer like WooTechy iPhixer. You can download the tool for free for your Windows/Mac computers.